Portraits Weddings Commercial Fine Art Info Links Contact Blog

Friday, November 28, 2008


Giving Thanks -  On November 1, 2007 at approximately 7:30 MST, my Grandfather, Steve Deli, passed away. I feel so blessed to have had him in my life well into my adulthood. 

I shared a story about an afternoon I spent with him, and I received such an overwhelming response of love from so many people.    

"It's in a time like this that the importance of my work becomes clear. I'm not just a photographer, I'm an observer, a journalist, an anthropologist of families, a historian entrusted with peoples most precious memories. I've been photographing people since high school; I've created millions of frames of places, people and things but most precious of all are those special memories that become frozen in time."

Now that he's gone, flipping through the photos today, I wish I had recorded his voice that day. All those stories he shared, his laugh, the sound of that Skoal can tapping and rolling on the table. Even just to hear him say, "I love you Peg, catch a big fish for me." That afternoon, I capturing so many expressions and little personal habits like touching his head and the way he crossed his legs. These photos are priceless, I would like to share that afternoon with you, please follow this link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home