Portraits Weddings Commercial Fine Art Info Links Contact Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2007

May 19 - First trip up to Rocky Mountain National Park this season - Leigh's dad was visiting in May and we all piled into the car and headed for the hills. Estes Park is one of my favorite places to take people visiting Colorado for the first time. It's so close to Boulder, and there is such a variety of things to see. They went for a hike after dropping me into Morraine Park, I remember that the sky was so blue and I did land quite a few fish that afternoon. The water was really high from run off and fish seemed overwhelmed with choices of bugs to eat. Luckily, I have my favorite flies that got the job done. After hiking into the valley for about a mile, I plopped down on the bank of the stream for lunch. The sky was typical Colorado blue, and I decided to try out my new homework assignment - sitting meditation. There are certain things I'm not known for and sitting still AND being quiet, well those are 2 of them. It was much easier than I thought, and I laid down on the side of the stream and the little pocket I was in was actually slightly below the line of the water. I had this amazing sensation of the water flowing just above my nose, it was really relaxing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home