Portraits Weddings Commercial Fine Art Info Links Contact Blog

Saturday, May 12, 2007


Working in the garden

Growing up my grandfather had a fantastic garden. I remember summer salads with tasty homegrown veggies, and my favorite, zucchini! Grandpap can grow them like nobody else. When I first went away to college, I remember trying to find them in the store and being so disappointed they were so tiny.



There's a community garden I'm participating in, and it's HUGE! Each Saturday a group of us gathers and tends to the soil. It felt great to be digging in the soil, and of course the first harvest bounty of some chard to take home.

This was my first day, and I got to trim chard, plant carrots, and move some hay, and get really dirty! I found a little toad, which surprised me since there was no pond in site.


Perhaps I'm too much of a city girl to realize that toads can live in fields too. I picked him up and took him around to share and visit with everyone.

more pics here

1 Comments:

Blogger BeatriceAnne Dyer said...

Hey, Kid,

I just printed off this "Farmer Peggy" Blog (?)
and will be taking it to your Grandfather. He'll
be so proud of you - you are a "fisherman", thanks to him and now a "farmer" -

Pretty terrific for him to know these things.

BeatriceAnneDyer

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home