Portraits Weddings Commercial Fine Art Info Links Contact Blog

Monday, May 07, 2007

I rode (in) the Big Wiener!

I know that's a strange headline for a post, but it's a true story. I got a call from Marilyn as she was headed home this evening, "
The Oscar Mayer Wiener Mobile is parked on your street!" I grabbed my camera, and went out to take a picture, and it started to drive away. I stood in the middle of the street and flagged it down, they stopped and said they were taking it for a drive around the neighborhood. Now you have to realize, it's 9:30pm on a Monday night. How could I let this golden opportunity pass me by, I asked to board the wiener. I stood there in the cold night wondering just what it was going to be like inside. Mustard, and Ketchup, Buns, and Wieners, I could just hear Homer Simpson's voice in my head.. hmmmm hot dogs... Finally, after some debate, I was granted access to the coveted inside of the wienermobile, one of the people inside (Megan) has taken my cycling class at the gym! I can only imagine that he must get asked by all sorts of riff raff come inside the wiener.


Thanks for telling them I was cool and not crazy Megan!

Megan, shows off her "wiener bling" a whistle.


I got to ride in the way back, on board we have Captain Dave, his friend Chris, Bradley, Megan and The Pegster. Dave told us stories about his adventures driving around the country and what it's been like to see the sights through the window of the 27' long Wienermobile. As we drove down Broadway, he played the song (Oh, I wish I were an Oscar-Mayer wiener; that is what I'd truly like to be. Cause if I were an Oscar-Mayer wiener, Everyone would be in love with me.)

Megan, Bradley, Dave, and Chris

Dave, Me and the big Wienermobile
Bradley with his "wiener stickers"


2 Comments:

Blogger My Eye said...

I am so jealous.

10:24 PM  
Blogger My Eye said...

I am so jealous! You should have driven past Lensbabies HQ!

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home