Portraits Weddings Commercial Fine Art Info Links Contact Blog

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Walk for the Cure

I'm sitting at Starbucks downloading all the photos from this morning. WOW. A very powerul and moving experience. The morning started with about 800 women gathering at Washington Park in Denver for the start of the walk. There was a woman who spoke, that was diagnosed in January 2005, her words brought the crowd to tears. My job was to follow the course in my car and capture the emotional moments, costumes, sponsor and reactions of the day.

As we wound through the streets of Denver, many people had stations set up for the walkers in front of their homes.

As I watch my images downloading onto my laptop, I give thanks for all the people in my life that have been affected by this disease.

A few of the shirts I saw today
"Hoofing it for Hooters"
"Feel your Boobs"
"Boobs are Great!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home