Portraits Weddings Commercial Fine Art Info Links Contact Blog

Tuesday, June 06, 2006


Be the Shark

I met the girls (Angela, Christine and Sara) at the pool for what I thought was lap night. To my surprise, Andy the swim coach was there! Finally, I get to meet him and decide to join the gals for the lesson. Like most kids in my hometown, I learned to swim at the YMCA. I can remember making it to at least advanced polywog, I think there was even a merit badge! I love being in the water, and Andy was a gracious coach. I love the fact that he didn’t come right out and tell me that I sucked! Well, sucking AIR is a good thing and not sucking water is even better. It’s tough to breath, count and keep myself from having a panic attack in the water.

Another great thing to overcome, my fear of swimming without earplugs. I had really bad ear infections as a kid, and for my whole life (even at pool parties) I’ve always had earplugs in.

One day at a time, one arm in front of the other, rolling on my back for air as I need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home