Portraits Weddings Commercial Fine Art Info Links Contact Blog

Tuesday, June 20, 2006



Time for me

I went to Rocky Mountain National Park yesterday and spent some time fly fishing. I really enjoy fishing, and being up in the mountains is one of my most favorite places to recharge. I caught too many fish to count!

Morraine Park is one of my favorite places to spend time. It is a wide open meadow often with a herd of elk grazing on the tall grass.

The small streams that trickle through the valley contain lots of small trout. Brown and Brook trout are the most prolific. The sweeping water cuts deep banks under the edges which hold many fish.

Today I caught 3 brown trout over 13" and a beautiful brook trout that was about 15". I also played with lots of small fish, and a few "fish sticks" the ones that are so tiny that when you set the hook the fish comes flying out of the water !

I'm going to go spend time on the water with my rod and reel at least one full day per week. I feel totally renewed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I think that's the palce you took us fishing, right? It sure was beautiful there!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Peggy Dyer said...

Yes, same place, except this time I caught fish ;)

3:04 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wow, this place looks amazing! What a great idea to escape the every day busy life. Good for the soul. I'm taking your advice today and making an escape too. Thanks.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home