Portraits Weddings Commercial Fine Art Info Links Contact Blog

Saturday, October 25, 2008


What's a Lifestyle session like?

"They're all different, there's not really a formula that I use."
I arrived to photograph Merrilynn's family and they were just having lunch. They invited me to join them, and Oran was instantly intrigued by my gear. I started engaging with him as soon as I arrived, this gets the kids so comfortable. They really don't know what to expect. Their mom told them we were going to take pictures, and here I am PLAYING with them. It goes a long way in the session, instant rapport, people are relaxed and the kids know I'm their friend.

There aren't many kids that have just picked up my camera and tried to take a picture, seriously, a handful. My rule is that as long as they have the strap around their neck things are generally OK.

Oran took photos of his family, and a few fun pics of me.



That afternoon, we played in the yard, went for a ride in my truck, ran through the sunflower field, played with grasshoppers and held a caterpillar.


I wonder what the next session will be like?








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home